Sunday 5 July 2015

Modupe Ozolua Speaks Passionately About Her Live, Fashion, Origin and Career.



Beautiful Benin princess and cosmetologist and a plastic surgeon, Modupe Ozolua opened up completely on her career, life as a mother, fashion icon and plastic surgeries. she also spoke on the projects her foundation is currently enbacked upon and how they are touching lives of underprivileged Nigerian who needs help. 

Highlight of this interview for me is about her origin and beauty tips, below is the excerpt from her interview with punch.  
A doting mother to a son whom she describes as her biggest fan, Ozolua, who dislikes been described as a cosmetologist, has a royal ancestry which she does not like to flaunt. She would rather not describe herself as a princess.
“I am Ozolua, meaning I am a princess from the Benin. My ancestor, Oba Ozolua was the Oba of Benin when the Portuguese came to trade in Benin centuries ago. I guess the manner the title princess has been cheapened is a major turn-off to me.
“It’s a title, it does not make me who I am; but I cannot run away from my royal bloodline. My mother was a princess from the Otaru family of Ososo, Akoko Edo Local Government Area; but people who remember the history of my family name call me a princess even when I don’t make reference to it,” she notes.
At age 17, Ozolua, then a student of Southwestern College, San Diego, California had already begun working at McDonalds in America. She says she imbibed the virtues of hard-work and dedication as a staff of the fast-food chain.
A graduate of Graphic Design and Business Administration at Devery International University, Los Angeles, California in the US, having lost her mother and gone through a divorce, she returned to Nigeria in 2001.
So how did she pull through those trying moments? “I threw myself into making Body Enhancement Foundation the global brand it is now. I was also blessed to spend time with my father before he died four years later. That was a tremendous loss to me because I was a daddy’s girl. I am closer to the men in my life as opposed to the women. Of course, with love and support from my son, friends and family, we all got through the rough times together,” she says.
Blessed with an amazing skin and good looks, Ozolua, who is the youngest of four siblings, admits to not being superficial or vain.
She says, “Despite my appearance or what perception people have of me, those that know me are aware that I am not one of those women that spend excess time on their appearance.
Some people obviously jumped to their conclusion because of the services offered at Body Enhancement Ltd. Of course there is nothing wrong with women taking time to groom their bodies, I take very good care of myself, but that should not be misconstrued.’’
Describing her beauty regimen as pretty much basic, the social entrepreneur who once toyed with the idea of becoming a doctor, says, “I just apply mascara; eye pencil and lip-gloss then run out the door! I don’t even have the patience to apply foundation!
“Why do you think I braid my hair all the time? I have long and curly hair which is natural. The humidity in Nigeria doesn’t go very well with it and as such, I don’t wear weaves. The only option I have when my hair isn’t let down, is braids because of the convenience attached to it.
In between her busy schedule, Ozolua still finds time for her first love-cosmetic surgery.
“My involvement in our humanitarian activities does not prevent our cosmetic procedures from holding; after all I am not the surgeon undertaking the procedures. Although I must admit it does keep me out of the office much more than I envisaged, we are still on schedule,” she notes.

for full interview go to Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment